Aug 24, 2013

Sith Lord Soup

Why do I keep going to dodgy restaurants again and again?
I went to a restaurant today called 'Soup King', I figured its basically Burger King but with soup. I ordered a spicy soup, but instead of saying 'la jiao' (meaning 'spicy'), I accidentally said 'la ji' (meaning 'rubbish'). I think maybe thats where I went wrong, as a few hours later I had bad 'la duzi' (meaning 'dire horror'). It looked like the dish from the alien restaurant in MIB3. Maybe the most wholesome item in the soup was the stomach lining of random animal, that was ok, the rest made me nervous (even the noodles).


It tasted much like darkness, death, and impending doom. You scoff, but if you were to sip some of it, you'd have to agree. It wasn't bad, it just tasted 'dark', like a fine delicacy of sith lords and other evil hooded figures. At any rate, I like to avoid the 'Soup King', but I always make the same mistake of venturing new and interesting looking restaurants in China (see today's Mem: 复). How many times have I done this and regretted it? When will I ever learn?



My soup looking back at me (Men In Black 3)

No comments:

Post a Comment